1. Students who are 11 or older by December 31, please call the studio (707) 938-1424 to arrange for a placement class. Use the class placement chart below for all ages 11 and under.
2. Students who are 3 after December 31 may enroll in Joy of Movement I after they have their 3rd birthday. The parent must be informed that the child will remain in the Joy of Movement I class in the following school year
3. Students may be considered for enrollment in the level above where they would be ideally placed if the family has scheduling conflicts. The parent must be informed that the child will remain in that class the following school year.
4. Students may be enrolled in a lower level than where they would be ideally placed if the family has scheduling conflicts. The parent must be informed that this will not affect the child’s promotion the following school year. EXAMPLE: A Threshold student cannot come on a weekday at 3:30 p.m. Student stays enrolled in Saturday’s Joy of Movement III. The following school year, student is promoted past Threshold and into Elementary I. EXAMPLE: a student cannot attend both sessions of Elementary II. Student enrolls in Elementary I and Elementary II class, fulfilling the 2 class per week minimum. The following school year, student will be considered for promotion to Intermediate I.
5. Elementary II: (A) A beginner student age 9 or older may be placed in Elementary II at the beginning of the school year through September 30. (B) October I through the remainder of the Fall, the student will be evaluated as to whether Elementary I or Elementary II will be best for their progress and sense of self-mastery. (C)January through the remainder of the school year, a beginner student age 9 or older will be placed in Elementary I.