Building on the same principles of the Come Soar classes, the Graceful Swans class for dancers ages 6-8 uses curriculum based on the Royal Academy of Dance syllabus, along with SCD’s belief that imagination is key in dance! Using poems, stories, creative props and music, these classes are a wonderful introduction – or continuation – for children to the structured, expressive world of dance.
Recommended Girls Uniform for Graceful Swans
- Dance dress in color of your choice (suggested: #TH5510C short-sleeve; #TH5515C long-sleeve)
- Pink tights (suggested: Body Wrappers #C31 in Theatrical Pink)
- Pink canvas ballet slippers with full sole and elastic sewn (suggested: Bloch #S0205G — follow sizing chart and order larger for growing room)
Recommended Boys Uniform for Graceful Swans
- Black shorts or leggings and plain white t-shirt
- White or black ballet slippers and socks
General Dress Code Information for Girls
- No jewelry
- Long hair secured up and away from the face and neck
For these classes this may be a simple ponytail. If the hair is too short, it may be pulled away from the face and neck with a headband.
Leg-warmers and/or ballet sweater may be worn in cold weather.
|Monthly Tuition||Drop-in Rate|
Dancing Ducklings (1.5-3 years)
Friendly Finches (3-4 years)
Dazzling Firebirds (4-5) years & Beautiful Bluebirds (5-6 years)
Graceful Swans (6-7 years)